Overview of the house & property
The Perfect Surrounding
Surround yourself with luxury. From the majestic Engleman spruce logs around you to the Australian Cyprus hardwood floor beneath you, the warmth of the highly efficient Bis Ultra fireplace will complete your enjoyment of your new home. The red (apache sunset) and the green (apache cloud) natural stone from Arizona on the foundation that surrounds the magnificent structure, gives it an elegance that few homes can equal.
Table of Contents
Each page describes a different aspect of this unique home. If you’ve ever considered a log home, be sure and review each aspect of the home from basic construction, heating, plumbing amenities etc. If you aren’t able to purchase this house, my hope is that you will learn how to conduct your future search.
- There is a is a Great Room on the lower level of the as well as 3 bedrooms. We call them:
- the blue bedroom,
- the red & black bedroom and
- the bunkroom.
- There is a Jack & Jill bathroom with a bathtub & shower & a double sink counter. The toilet & shower are in a private area in the bathroom so others can brush their teeth etc. while someone else attends to more private matters.
- There is also a large separate bathroom just off the great room that has a single sink, toilet & large shower which we call the fish bathroom because it’s decorated with Orvis and fly fishing logos. This can be used by the occupants of the bedrooms or as a guest bathroom for visitors utilizing the great room.
- There is also a large storage room and the mechanical room down stairs.
- The mechanical room houses the water softener, the 2 one hundred gallon water heaters, the central vacuum, the recirculating pumps for continuous hot water, the ADT security system brain, the Steffes ETS computerized heat monitoring system as well as the 3 electrical panels
- There is a great room that opens up to the kitchen, family dining area and formal dining area in an open but more secluded area.
- The kitchen is designed so that whoever is working in the kitchen is never far away from the rest of the family/guests. The kitchen also has upgraded appliances. The microwave is a Sharp R90GC The stove is a Wolf brand, 5 burner 36″ cook top. The oven is a Wolf Brand model SO36U/B. The refrigerator is a Sub Zero model 650/0. The dishwasher is a high capacity ASKO D1996 Super Cleaning System.
- There is also a reverse osmosis water purifying unit under the sink for totally pure water.
- The fireplace is a Bis Ultra high efficiency unit that’s designed to heat 2500 square feet of space.
- The Master Bath is a large comfortable area with an in-floor computer controlled warming system. The bath tub is an Aquatic Brand Infinity Model Jacuzzi tub. The back jets are designed as a computer controlled adjustable Shiatsu massaging system. The tub has an automatic purging system to keep the plumbing dry so as to prevent any mold growth.
- The shower is a Moen “vertical spa” system with a choice of an overhead shower, 4 body jet nozzles and a hand-held shower unit.
The loft has 3 main areas.
- The main sitting area is a nice “away” area where you can set up as a hobby area, an exercise area, an office area or all three.
- The bedroom is heated by a Jotul gas stove that is either manually or thermostatically controlled.
- The bathroom is also called the “antique bathroom” as the tub is a 1925 cast iron american standard ball & caw tub and the sink has a 1920’s hotel “commode” that is customized for the plumbing.
Buying a log home is a confusing thing for a lot of people, yet if you now what to look for, you can be assured of a quality structure that will last for generations. This section discusses log homes in general as well as pointing out what makes this one different and a great investment. Click Here to go to the fireplace section to see how special the fireplace is. The next link goes to the product page to show the operation of the fireplace. Bis Ultra Fireplace
It’s unusual to have a page for the garage but other than the land itself, it’s my favorite part of the house. There are two garage doors but it’s more than a 2 car garage as you can see by the picture on the Garage Page. The garage is heated with a gas forced air furnace unit and well lit with fluorescent lighting. There is a 220 outlet for equipment &/or appliances that take that much power. You can work on wood projects on one end of the garage and repair chainsaws on the work table at the other end without moving vehicles outside.
The property is very unique in that it’s not just a lot. It’s a 35 acre parcel that you can use it as you choose. All of the equipment is there for your use and enjoyment or you can pay someone else to take care of you. This page outlines most of the wonderful aspects of living here on this piece of heaven. For more questions, call, write or text us.